Everything I keep I do so first and foremost because I enjoy the species. Some things in my collection could be considered higher end, but the majority are just regular herps, for lack of a better term. All are kept for what they are irrelevant of what they are worth or whether they ever breed for me or not, and all are enjoyed equally simply for what they are.
I am working toward succesfully reproducing the majority of the species I keep. The breeding of these animals provides me with a great deal of enjoyment, and is always a goal, whether realized or not.
My collection changes from year to year as I pursue one of my personal goals of producing 100 reptile species in my lifetime. Some species I will keep as long as I work with reptiles, but others come an go as I succeed in breeding them. The unfortunate fact is I simply cannot keep all the species I would like to at one time, so concessions have to be made at times to make room for new species.
Here is a full list of everything I am currently working with.
- Womas (Aspidites ramsayi)
- Centralian pythons (Morelia bredli)
- Jungle Carpet Pythons (Morelia spilota cheynei)
- Ball Pythons (Python regius)
- Savu pythons (Liasis savuensis)
- Common Boas (Boa constrictor imperator)
- Elaphe mollendorffi
- Chihuahua Mountain Kingsnakes (Lampropeltis pyromelana knoblochi)
- Black Rat Snakes (Elaphe obsoleta)
- Western Hognose (Heterodon n. nasicus)
- Mottled Rock Rattlesnakes (Crotalus lepidus lepidus)
Those with Shells
- Alligator Snapping Turtle